An special app for the Apple Watch Ultra is called Depth. You may learn more about it and how to utilize it in this article.
The new Depth app for the watch is made to maximize recreational underwater activities like snorkeling, underwater pool swims, and shallow free-diving. The Apple Watch Ultra may be utilized for dives up to 40 meters deep (130 ft).
The Depth app may provide data on the current time, current depth, maximum depth, and water temperature.
The Depth app does not include features like decompression stop information, gas analysis, or other diving capabilities because it is not a dive computer like the upcoming Oceanic+ app. Make sure you have a backup depth gauge and timer or watch if you’re using it somewhere where it could fail and cause death or serious harm.
How to Use Depth App on Apple Watch Ultra
When the Apple Watch Ultra is immersed to a depth of one meter or greater, the Depth app automatically launches by default. However, you can manually start a session by launching the app.
To prevent any unintentional input on the screen or with the Digital Crown, the Water Lock function activates when the Depth app is opened. For this reason, open the workout app before you immerse your Apple Watch Ultra if you want to record a workout, like an open-water swim.
To turn off Water Lock and end your session, press and hold the Digital Crown once you’re done. A sequence of tones will play once the screen unlocks in order to remove any remaining water from the watch speaker.
You’ll see a dive summary after your dive that details how long you were submerged for, your maximum depth, and the range of water temperatures you encountered. The Health app also displays water depth and temperature on a timeline, but not the other metrics.
How to turn off Depth App’s Auto launch feature
- On your Apple Watch Ultra, open the Settings app.
- After selecting General, choose Auto-Launch.
- Turn off the switch next to Auto-Launch App under “When Submerged.”
Apple News and How to
- Apple iPad Pro 11 (2022) Battery FAQs – Fast, Wireless Charging, Capacity
- Apple iPad Pro 11 (2022) Camera FAQs – Night Mode, 4K Camera, OIS
- Apple iPad Pro 11 (2022) Performance FAQs – IR Blaster, Dual Apps
- Apple iPad Pro 11 (2022) Design FAQs – Waterproof, Gorilla Glass, Type-C
- Apple iPad Pro 11 (2022) Display FAQs- Auto Brightness, Always on Display
- How to prevent iMessage from falling back to SMS
- How to delete Instagram Account on iPhone 14 (iOS 16)
- How to disable Crash Detection on iPhone 14 Pro
- How to disable Crash Detection on iPhone 14
- How to Recover deleted photos on iPhone 14
- How to Check Blood Oxygen Levels on Apple Watch Ultra
- How to Use Depth App on Apple Watch Ultra
- Apple Users may need to be a youtube premium subscriber to watch 4K Videos
- How to Recover deleted photos on iPhone
- iPad’s Apple SIM can no longer be used to activate Cellular plans
- How to Change the Volume on the AirPods Pro 2
- No Apple touch ID on iPhone anytime soon
- How to Reset AirPods Max
- How to locate Lost AirPods Pro 2 with Precision Finding
- How to disable Dynamic Island on iPhone 14 Pro