No doubt WhatApp is one of the most popular App when it comes to instant messaging. It has a feature called WhatsApp group where in any user can create a group out of his contact details and could add you to the group without your permission. You just feel trapped and odd when your friends or family members just add you to any of their group with your permission. After receiving a considerable feedback from the WhatsApp users, WhatsApp has finally brought a solution to this problem, Whatsapp has changed the group privacy settings to help its users get rid of this problem. Both iPhone and Android smartphone users can enjoy this new group privacy settings. Without wasting much time lets check Simple way to protect yourself from being added to WhatsApp group.
If you want people not to add you in a WhatsApp group without your permission just follow the below instructions
- First check your phone should have latest version of WhatApp which means version 2.19.308 for Android and version 2.19.112 for iPhone. If your WhatsApp is not updated please update it to the latest version no enable WhatsApp group privacy settings.
- After Updating to a latest version of WhatsApp, Open the App and click on three-dot icons appearing on the top right corner of the screen.
- Then go to Settings > Accounts > Privacy.
- Then tap on the group, it says who can add me to group, choose one of the three options shown here, Everyone, My Contacts or My Contacts Except.
- If you select Everyone that means any WhatsApp user can make you a part of the group or can add you to a group.
- If you select “My Contacts” it means only the admin present in the contact list of the user will be able to make that user a part of the group.
- It’s finally the third option that is “My Contacts Except” you should select it if you want selected users to send you an joining invitation first to add you in a group.
- You will only be joined to a group only after accepting the invitation.
So guy’s now it’s possible to get rid off being added to an unwanted WhatsApp group without your permission. If you have any queries or suggestions regarding our article on “way to protect yourself from being added to WhatsApp group” please write in the comments below.