The Ryze Tello features Bounce mode, 8D Flips, Throw & Go, Up & Away, and EZ Shots. To use an intelligent flight mode, ensure that the aircraft’s battery level is at least 50%. Throw & Go lets you launch the aircraft by gently throwing it into the air.
How to use Ryze Tello Throw & Go Flight Mode
- Press the power button once to turn the aircraft on
- Tap and then select Throw & Go
- Place the aircraft in your palm
- Read the warning prompt and then tap to start. The propellers will start spinning slowly. Gently throw the aircraft upward and horizontally away from you, keeping the aircraft horizontal as you throw it. The propellers will start spinning more quickly and the aircraft will automatically hover in place. The propellers will stop if you do not throw the aircraft within 5 seconds of the propellers starting to spin slowly.
Things to do or know before using the Ryze Tello Throw & Go Mode
- Only use Throw & Go in an open area and make sure that your flight path is clear of people, animals, and obstacles.
- Throw & Go cannot be used after the aircraft has taken off.
- Be careful when using Throw & Go and make sure you keep your fingers away from the propellers even when they are spinning slowly
- Hold the aircraft horizontally, and gently throw the aircraft upward and horizontally away from you. DO NOT throw the aircraft at a speed that exceeds 6 ft/s (2 m/s). DO NOT throw the aircraft at an angle to the horizontal greater than 20° and DO NOT flip the aircraft as you throw it.
- Before using Throw & Go ensure that the Aircraft Status Indicator is periodically blinking green twice, indicating that the Vision Positioning System is available.
- Watch out for potential obstacles in your surrounding area (especially on the rear, left, and right sides of the aircraft) and stay clear of them to avoid accidents.
- Be extra cautious when flying in dark (< 300 lux) or bright (> 10,000 lux) environments.