Honor 7A is indeed the most pocket friendly device from the house of ASUS. If you know Honor 7A and you are not satisfied with the camera performance you can try GCam on Honor 7A. Yes, you heard me right, the main benefit of Honor 7A is that it supports Google Camera or we can can say Honor 7A supports GCam since it comes with Camera to API enabled which makes it very special. Today we will let you know how to install GCam 6.1 APK on Honor 7A to enjoy detailed and clear images in all lighting conditions before starting let’s sneak a peek at some of the main highlights of the device.
Table of Content
Honor 7A sports 5.7-inch HD+ display which sits over IPS LCD panel. Display offers 720 x 1440 pixels resolutions, 18:9 aspect ratio and 282 ppi density. Under the hood device is equipped with Snapdragon 430 SoC coupled along with Octa-core processor, Adreno 505 GPU and up-to 3GB of RAM. Phone packs with up to 32GB of internal storage which can be further expanded via Dedicated card slot.
Asus ROG Phone is equipped with dual camera module at the back, 13MP primary camera paired along with 2MP depth sensor camera while it offers 8MP camera at the front. Device can take well quality images in normal day light conditions but night camera performance is not up to mark as it’s software optimization is not up to mark. This is where GCAM comes in and it helps to take great images with much more detailing.
- Download the GCam 6.1 (Gcam_6.1.021)
- The device will ask you to allow installation from unknown sources just allow it and install the APK
- Download config file for Honor 7A (Honor-7a.XML)
- Once the GCam 6.1 APK Installation is done you need to open your file manager and look for Gcam folder, if the Gcam folder is not there you need to create the GCam folder manually. Once the GCam folder is created you need to create configs folder inside GCam folder now move the config file that you have downloaded into the config folder.
- Now Open Google camera, double tap on any black area, after double tapping you need to select the config file select ‘Honor-7a.xml’ after doing so tap on RESTORE. Once this is done the Google camera will restart and now it is ready to use.
So guys this was our blog ‘GCam for Honor 7A with download and installation details’. If you have any queries, please write in the comments down below.
Check Some quick Links